Psychotherapy works best when attended regularly. Occasionally, circumstances occur that necessitate a cancellation. Your time is held for you and that time cannot be shared with any other patient. During our initial meeting we will discuss how these cancellations are handled. We will also review general issues about fees and payment at that time
I am an in-network provider (also called a participating provider) for several insurance plans, and if you are a member of one of those plans, you will be responsible for a portion of the fee at a rate that has been set by that insurance company (called a co-payment).
When contacting your insurance carrier, here are some questions to ask them that will be useful in planning for your visit with me:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Payment I accept cash or check for payment.